Today we will be decorating traditional hard boiled eggs and tomorrow we will be doing our Easter baskets because my husband works at the church we attend and won't be home in the morning. Plus our day is filled with family events after church. It should be a fun, tiring day :)
Well, a few days ago, we started the process for "Bumble" Eggs, as my husband has named them. If you don't know what a Bumble is, it's the monster from Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer. They are ice eggs and are so much fun! Here's how to make them.
What you need:
food coloring (optional but fun)
- Drop 1-2 drops of food coloring into the water filled balloon. Tie it off.
- Fill the water balloons. Tie off.
- Shake the balloon if you want it a solid color or just leave it be and you get a little bit of a swirl, depending on how much they get jostled.
- Place balloons in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Pull out when you are ready to use them (remember they do melt). Cut the balloon off, we used a knife and cut around the egg.
- Enjoy! Play a game of cold egg(like hot potato). Watch them melt. Place in a bowl in the center of your table as decoration....Or as my husbands family used to do, throw them in the middle of the street and watch them explode (they were such boys :)).