A few weeks back, Gretchen from Life Lived Beautifully posed a question on her Instagram feed.
"Matt Chandler once asked, "What stirs and heightens your affections for Christ?"...Life can get so busy and drive us away from our passions God has woven into our souls. We were made to use our breaths and our days to bring God glory. Through his grace upon amazing grace, we have been given life through Jesus, and sometimes we need the flame in our hearts to be kindled once more."This struck a chord in my heart. What are my
passions? What does stir my affections for Christ? I had never thought any of these thoughts and it challenged my heart. So I've been pondering this question for the past few weeks and have come up with a list.
- New life: Holding a new baby, or a seed that has just sprouted past the surface of the soil.
- The Living Word of God and my time spent in His Word.
- Beauty in God's creation
- Food and the beauty in the food that God created.
- My sweet children
- The love of my husband
- Seeing my family love and care for one another
- Traveling the world and experiencing the beauty all over the world.
- Christmas and celebrating birthdays of loved ones
- Quiet moments
- Dessert-sweet treats in life
- Deep friendships rooted in Christ. "...but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (or sister)." Proverbs 18:24
- Cozy, inviting places
- Time together with my family
- Seeing people grow in their relationship with God.
What stirs and heightens your affections for Christ? I'd encourage you to ponder this and I would love to hear your answers!