adapted from Pioneer Woman1.5 lb ground beef
2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce (1.5 bottles goes into the dish, save the rest for the side if you want)
1 package of egg noodles
1.5 teaspoons garlic salt (I use Lawry's Roasted Garlic Salt)
1.5 cups sour cream
4 oz of cream cheese
2ish cups shredded cheese, I used colby jack
- Brown ground beef, season with salt and pepper. Add sauce and allow to simmer. Set aside.
- Cook egg noodles to the directions on the package, drain but save 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Put the pasta back into pot and add sour cream, cream cheese and garlic salt. If the cheese mixture seems thick, add some pasta water to thin it out a bit. You want it to stick to the noodles but not be too thick.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Add half the noodle mixture into the bottom, spreading a layer. Top with meat sauce, then sprinkle with cheese to cover, then repeat.
- (At this point, you could make two smaller ones and freeze it for another time. It would do really well pulled out and cooked later)
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until all the cheese is melted on top and the mixture looks bubbly.