Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce
For the tomatoes
2-3 pounds fresh tomatoes
6-10 cloves of garlic
1-2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
2ish tablespoons of Olive Oil
For the Sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 28oz can Diced Tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 Beef Bone (optional)
1 parmasen rind (optional)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Cut tomatoes and push all the seeds out. This reduces the amount of liquid and makes sure your sauce isn't seedy.
- Spread on a foil lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and the garlic.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer roasted tomatoes into your pot. I use my Le Creuset or any heavy bottomed pot would do. Using your emulsification blender, puree the tomatoes. (If you don't have an emulsification blender, you could put the tomatoes into a regular blender or food processor to puree.)
- Once pureed to your liking (I left mine chunky), add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low for at least 2 hours to let all the flavors meld together. I let mine go for about 3 1/2. Use immediately or let cool and package it up to freeze. It should last in your freezer for 4-6 months.
This is a great sauce to use on pasta, pizza, meatball sandwiches or anything else you want to use tomato sauce for. It is delicious! Enjoy!