I have been bored with breakfast lately so I needed a bit of a change this morning. I was racking my brain as to what to do and came up with this. It was super yummy and not very sweet at all. You could make it sweeter by adding more sugar but it's all a preference thing.
Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons of butter
- Make your favorite Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal according to the box.
- Peel the whole banana, cut it in half so you have two long halves and then cut those halves down the middle (see my picture if you are confused.)
- Place brown sugar on a plate and press the moist, cut side into the sugar. You will probably have about 1/4 inch of sugar. That is perfect! Repeat for all pieces.
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Place sugared banana's sugar side down into the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. The sugar with melt into the butter and could burn so keep an eye on it. Flip the banana's over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Pour your cereal into a bowl and then place the banana's on top. Pour the butter sugar mixture that is in the pan on top of both.