Since finding out we were pregnant and me being sick, we haven't had the best routine in the world. We watched a lot of TV and movies because I just couldn't muster the energy to do much more. We both were taking two naps a day and life was just a bit out of order.
Now that I'm finally feeling better most days, and Aston has decided to transition to a one nap a day schedule most days, I decided it was time to really get back to a routine to help us both get things done during the day and help the day just move more smoothly. We started with this schedule last Monday and our week did just move right along.
- Wake-up – 8am: Breakfast, then cartoons
- 8am-8:30am: Get dressed, Make beds, brush teeth
- 8:30am-9:30am: Mommy School activities
- 9:30am-10am: free play inside
- 10:00am-11:00am: Outside, Outing, Library Time, Walk
- 11:30am: Lunch
- 12:00pm: Clean-up, do dishes, free play
- 1:00pm: Nap Time!
- 3:00pm: Wake-up and Snack with Movie or Mickey Mouse
- 3:30pm: Daddy’s Home, play with daddy, Outside time
- 4:00pm: Dinner Prep
- 5:00pm: Dinner
- 5:45pm-6:15pm: Free Play, Clean Up
- 6:15pm: Bath Time
- 6:45pm Bed Time Routine: Read, prayers, goodnight
- 7pm: Bed Time
Now this schedule is very loose as far as times go but it helps me to stay accountable to moving things along in our day. It is very easy to get stuck in the trap of having the TV on as entertainment and to get lazy but this really helps me to stay focused. This week we are also officially starting "Mommy School" and I cannot wait for that. Aston is such a learner and I think he'll enjoy having a structured preschool time with me.
I sure do miss two naps a day but I guess it had to kind of end at some point. I'm just one tired momma these days!