Recipe:Adapted from Food Network Mag
Makes about 2 dozen Cupcakes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Make the chocolate cupcakes according to the box instructions. You could make your own but I prefer to use boxed cake.
- While they cool, use a spoon to put a dent in the top, center of the cupcake. You will want to create a well for the topping.
- In a medium size sauce pan, mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and egg. Heat over medium heat whisking constantly to prevent the egg from scrabbling.
- Add cornstarch and vanilla and stir until mixture becomes thick. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans and allow to cool.
- Spoon mixture onto the top of the cupcakes.