Today I was craving it badly, with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich and decided I should make some. I found this recipe and tweaked it a little. I didn't need a large amount of soup because it was just going to serve Aston and I for lunch so I made a small batch. (This recipe can be double, tripled or quadrupled if you want to.)
(Makes 3-4 large bowls)1 28oz Can Tomatoes (I used diced)
2 carrots, peeled, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 clove of garlic
1 small can Chicken Broth
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a medium sauce pan, heat about 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Sauté carrots and onions with salt and pepper for about 10 minutes, until the onion softens. Add basil and garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and blend the soup. I used my Immersion Blender. I LOVE this thing! You can use a regular blender or food processor too but the Immersion Blender makes it so much easier and much less clean-up.
- Once soup has been blended smooth, slowly add cream in to your likeness. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with your favorite Grilled Cheese Sandwich. :-)